Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Transfers - 7/21/15



Bowling with the BR Spanish District


Elder Lehr's district and the BR Spanish district

Baton Rouge Zone before transfers

Elder Cole, Elder Lehr and Elder Richardson

This has been a very fun week with tons and tons of service. 

Transfer News: I am getting transferred and I'm gonna be training. All I know is that I am gonna be far away from Elder Richardson that is the only hint I got. 

Exchanges: I went on exchanges with Elder Makin who is one of my favorite missionaries in this mission. And we contacted this potential investigator and he said he would love for us to come visit and so well we did. He ended up being a minister for the Jimmy Swagert church which is very very anti Mormon. All he wanted to do was bash. so that was way fun. Then we went tracting and got more rejection. Haha I love tracting. People have the funniest ways of saying no. Rejection while tracting is pretty darn fun. It makes it so when they say yes I'm taken off guard and I don't know what to do!


Well that's kinda what happened this week. I am excited to train and end my mission with a bang!

Spiritual thought: Elder Pearson said in this last general conference that "hanging in there" is not a principle of the gospel. Enduring to the end is. And in 2 Nephi 31 it says to press forward with a steadfastness in Christ. I think this means using the enabling power of the atonement to have the strength to endure to the end and come unto Christ and be changed. That's the difference between "hanging in there" and enduring to the end is if you come unto Christ and are changed. 
Love yall
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment