Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Elder Cook's Visit - 2/3/15



Elder Sabey and Elder Lehr with a big fish in Zwolle


Apparently someone had pulled a prank on the Natchitoches elders and put a pool in the middle of their floor. So Elder Lehr and Elder Sabey thought they would see how good the fishing was. :)

This has been a pretty darn crazy week. We went on exchanges and I went with Elder Mecham which was really good. I learned a lot from him. And I'll go from there.

Baton Rouge: So the office elders drove us to Baton Rouge and I found out that the current office elder, Elder Bennett, is good buds with Brooks Hiatt. They were in a ska band and superband together. How crazy is that. 

Elder Cook: We got to have Elder Quinten L. Cook and Elder Hallstrom, and another Elder from the seventy come and speak to us. It was super good. Some things that they talked about was that whether as missionaries or members we succeed when we invite. He also talked about how we are to build the kingdom. Whether that means working with less-actives, investigators, or if we help a young man go on a mission. Just be a kingdom builder in anyway possible. They also talked about how faith is essentially "personal righteousness" remember that next time you read the scriptures. especially Ether 12.

Trent being the man: So every night we send a scripture of the night and last night we forgot and then Trent sends us a scripture of the night reminding us. That got me pretty pumped. I love Trent. He is too awesome. 

Transfer News: I am going to be a zone leader somewhere. I don't know yet. I'll find out tomorrow. So I don't really know where the Sam Hill I am going. Who knows maybe I'll go to Sam Hill. I mean I was in Africa now I'm in Louisiana. 

Well I love you all
Love Elder Lehr

P.S. Oh I forgot to mention Elder Sabey is training so I'm gonna be a grandpa!



No comments:

Post a Comment