Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sacrament means more to me - 1/6/14

Hey so this week has had its ups and its downs. But I guess I'll first start with the news of what's going on with the transfer. :) So we got transfer news early because Elder Hovley found out on Friday that he was going to Kenema and had to leave on Saturday. So that was stressful. Me, Elder Woodhead, And Elder Symons are staying and I have been their companion these past 3 days. My new companion... well I'll tell you at the end of the email :)

So the Work: We are going to drop quite a lot of our investigator pool because most of them don't want to keep commitments and we can't waste our time at all because there are too many people who need the gospel. Tenneh, Gbesseh, and Mustapha are progressing and will be baptized on Jan 18. It's really hard. The church is growing so fast that there is no Melchizedek Priesthood holders. And those that are are old and sick. So it's really hard to get leadership here. We are trying so hard. 

Cool Miracle: So we have been seeing about 8 less active members and one of the less active families promised they would come to church. We waited and were discouraged but at the last 10 minutes they came :) Sure they missed most of it but they came. I'm so happy for them. 

Hardships overcome: So some of the challenges I have had the most has been being bold and confident, Planning well, and handwriting. and with much prayer and work these have all gotten tons better. My handwriting is even better than the letter I sent you mom :) And my planning is very very good now. We plan so thoroughly that weekly planning takes 3 and a half hours but is sooo needed. And I am more confident. I am still working on all of them but I still need more confidence in myself. 

Other things Learned. So we finally got the November Liahona so we could read General Conference and 2 talks that I really liked was the 1st counselor to the Relief Society and Elder Bednar's. I learned more about tithes that you should look up and I learned that when you take the sacrament it renews not only your baptism covenant but all covenants you have made like temple and priesthood covenants. This makes sacrament so much more meaning full to me. I also am going to get a study journal to take notes in while I study. 

Cool stuff in the mission: So the Mission of Sierra Leone had 180 baptisms in December alone. It is the fastest growing mission in the world and I get to be a part of it :)

So my new companion.... is Elder Kitson-Mills. He is a sweet Ghanaian in my zone and was even in my same MTC group which is soo sweet. He is really cool, humble and organized and ready to work. He will be my companion starting tomorrow. 

Sorry I can't write you all today. I get very little time today. But I will try and get more time next week. 

Love Elder Christian Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment